The Tsource Team is looking for an Application Engineer!
- 4 year Bachelor degree or 10 years of similar experience.
- Experience with reading electrical schematics are desirable.
- Proven problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook software.
Must be a team player that is a leader and has a “sense of urgency”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates preparation of project documentation for quotation and submittal of customer Company’s products through communications between Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and the customer.
- Maintains and distributes accurate order and changes order documents in an organized folder.
- Maintains accurate real time information in Company’s system (and others, as needed) related to all customer information and all active orders.
Proposals / Quotations:
- Assists Regional Managers, Sales Representatives in the development of quotations based upon customer specifications in accordance with company terms and conditions.
- Reviews client specifications and requirements for all equipment applications.
- Schedules due dates for drawing specifications, technical manuals and other documents needed for the quotation process.
- Monitors the status of the order / project to ensure that documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Submits project documents to management as necessary for approval and submits final approved documents to customer as appropriate.
- Provide highly technical support to sales force for completion of proposal/quotation process.
- Reviews contracts and coordinates with other departments to determine documentation is received for completion of manufacturing units, financial compliance with laws and specification compliance with engineering regulatory agencies.
- Assists in bidding process from evaluation of RFQ requirements through order entry to production of the final documents for submission to manufacturing.
- Primarily responsible for obtaining accurate customer Purchase Order with terms and conditions.
- Completes accurate order entry. Processes any additional change orders for this project – and notifies all departments impacted by customer changes or modifications.
- Communicates all special requests with other Application Engineers, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Communicates any pertinent information to the customer, Regional Manager and Sales Representatives related to the sales order, changes or modifications.
- Enters in customer information into the system ensuring accurate data including billing information, shipping information, customer terms negotiated, sales tax documentation, etc..
- Processes cancellation orders.
- Ensures proper interchange of information is forwarded to Credit, Shipping and Manufacturing as required.
- Provides the primary liaison between sales network, sales staff, engineering and manufacturing staff as well as the customer in a manner that is within the company’s best interests, in support of the company goal.
- Acts as a point person for all purchase orders from customers.
- Coordinates purchase order review with Finance team.
- Provides pertinent commercial information to the Sales Staff and sales network relative to orders. Provides follow up on all aspects of the job from purchase order through the warranty period.
- Notifies sales force and customer of scheduled shipment dates. Follows up with any change of shipment information if adjusted from original scheduled dates.
- Communicates complaints concerning billing or services rendered. Refers complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Exhibits an excellent understanding of all electrical and mechanical features of company’s products and systems.
- Displays familiarity of optimal performance of company products.
- Understands electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, production specifications in order to process submittals and quotations with support of other departments and sales force.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format and compliance with contract requirements.
- Maintains stock of Sales Manuals, Engineering Manuals, and Owner’s Manuals. Mails or distributes in accordance with product shipments, requests or enlisting of new representatives.
- Provides phone coverage as required to support the application engineering function.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.