Business Analyst, Healthcare
Seeking a Business Analyst with Healthcare experience, especially claims, provider and beneficiary data background, to conduct User Research, Draft User Stories and meet with Product Owners to validate and enhance them.
• Coordinate and facilitate exchange meetings to determine needs of customers, as well as to determine the impact of changes
• Create wireframes for the user stories and review them with users and gather feedback
• Collaborate with Visual/UI designer and add/update stories based on user response
• Work with the scrum master, customers and developers to write user stories which are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small and testable
• Utilize requirements and other supporting documents to author ICDs (Interface Control Documents)
• Documents workflows and processes based on requirements.
• Document requirements and provide final technical review and validation of requirements
• Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
• Oversee requirements tracking process, assign requirements to the appropriate service provider, and communicate status to customers
• Support the collection and reporting of requirements related metrics
• Verify completion of requirements with customer and service providers, ensuring expectations are appropriately met
• Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for complete testing of the new functionality
• Act as an interface and customer advocate to ensure customer, stakeholder and user needs are being addressed.
• Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of training resources
• Participate in sprint planning, sprint reviews, scrum meetings and other agile activities
• Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
• Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
• 8+ years of relevant applications/systems requirements and modeling experience.
• 5+ years of experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full system development life cycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
• Experience in modern requirement gathering techniques, including creation of user stories, epics, and themes.
• Experience with agile, iterative cycles (sprints).
• Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
• Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
• Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
• Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
• Knowledge of medicaid/medicare claims proccessing (highly preferred)
• CMS Experience or other Health IT government agency experience
• Experience in Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Microsoft Project
• Proficient in Dev/Ops tools specially JIRA