Data Scientist, Top Secret
Tsource, LLC is seeking a Data Scientist to support our customer in Springfield, VA. You will support the objectives of the financial management office to find creative solutions for the improved collection, organization, storage, management, retrieval, and use of financial data from across the enterprise to make more effective and transparent resource decisions. You will help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help improve the quality of analytic products by applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with financial management products. This includes supporting the offices by working within the data strategy to better enable and prepare the data to meet internal and external deliverables while providing the expertise to help provide input and guidance towards automation efforts. This includes supporting the office through utilizing resource data to make predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analysis. You will also be responsible for working to mine data, create foundational analysis, manage and organize multivariate data through statistical programming languages such as SAS, SQL, R, SPSS, Python, and tell stories / reveal insights with data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing solutions to financial data management challenges using advanced programming language skills.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending data with sources of information from other areas of the enterprise when needed.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Creating automated anomaly detection and correction systems.
- Developing diagnostic and predictive analytic methodologies to answer stakeholders’ resource management questions.
- Organizing and “wrangling” large datasets from multiple financial systems to develop actionable insights from them.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Creating meaningful data visualizations that communicate findings and potential for business impact to key decision makers.
- Advising on the latest data science and analytic technology trends.
- ***Active Top Secret Clearance***
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Science, Computer Science or other quantitative field; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated specialized experience with data analysis, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, generate reports, merge data, and supplement data sources using automated reporting applications.
- Demonstrated experience of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Demonstrate experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, NumPy, or MatLab.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau, or GGplot.
- Demonstrated experience using query languages such as SQL
- Demonstrated experience involving applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, or regression.
- Demonstrated experience with DoD, IC, or other government agency programs, budgetary or finance processes.
Tsource, LLC is dedicated to providing innovation and excellence in Management Consulting, IT Infrastructure, and Application Services. Our commitment is to provide customers with resource experts with the latest technologies, prompt response time, and competitive prices. We support our mission by supplying challenging opportunities to our employees and empowering them to get the job done. Tsource is focused on quality; we continually measure our success to assure our conformance to high standards.
Tsource, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Tsource, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action. Tsource, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, refusal to submit to genetic testing, national origin, or any other legally protected characteristic. Tsource, LLC will not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.