TSource is looking for a Senior Developer to join a global enterprise organization. The Senior Developer supports the organization’s existing software or systems infrastructure and develops new technologies as needed. Researches, designs and develops enterprise-wide systems and applications. Responsible for identifying and implementing innovative and efficient applications to ensure the best experience for the user. Evaluates current operations to determine areas that need enhancements or restoration.
This position is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with Product Owners, Analysts, Developers, QA testers, Architects, Scrum Masters, Vendors, and more. Thus, supporting business applications by designing, implementing and modifying application programs from detailed specifications and ensures that improvements are successfully integrated into the existing systems. Develops program logic for new applications and analyzes logic in existing applications. Develops proof-of-concepts and user interface prototypes. Ensures compatibility of applications across multiple computing platforms and browsers.
The Individual has expanded beyond practical applications of the discipline to knowledge gained from guiding how Allegis should apply the principles and concepts within the discipline and interpreting the complexities of the discipline.
• Plans, designs and develops Enterprise Search applications. Writes program specifications using a variety of languages and platforms such as Java, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, and Cloudera
• Codes, tests and supports existing and new systems and applications using Agile techniques
• Writes functional and design specifications for applications as identified by users and/or management
• Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies and adopts suitable concepts for the organization
• Create level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for assigned work. Proactively manage activities to meet those expectations
• Ensure unit testing of application development work is correctly completed
• Streamlines existing applications and systems to ensure integration and ease of use
• Provide development support for analysis and functional and load testing
• Eliminates errors in computing environment for smooth operation and functionality
• Designs and implements templates, databases and interfaces that fulfill user requirements
• Communicates project status, issues and resolutions with appropriate stakeholders
• Documents testing and system corrections in compliance with security standards
• Communicate and work with graphic developers to create user interfaces
• Problem diagnosis and resolution
• System maintenance and after-hours support, as needed
• Monitors systems’ technical performance and identifies trends in operating output
• B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• 6+ years designing and developing systems and/or applications in a diverse computing environment.
• 3-5 years proficient enterprise application development experience using Java
• Experience working in an Agile environment and tools (TFS/VSTS or Version1)
• Proficient experience with major operating systems and programming techniques.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodologies of SDLC, quality management, change, and problem management
• Understanding of unit, functional, performance, and regression testing
• Working experience in team environment while communicating and presenting (both verbally and in writing) design concepts to internal/external customers
• Requires depth of expertise in application development to be able to guide others in the application of principles and concepts and to interpret complexities, nuances.
• Expert-level Java skills, including full stack enterprise Java implementations
• Expert-level understanding of databases, data structures, and data analysis
• Experience with enterprise source control solutions, preferably Git and BitBucket
• Experience with large scale software build and deployment solutions, preferably Atlassian Bamboo
• Experience with Apache Hadoop or other NoSQL database solution preferred
• Experience with Python or R for data analysis
• Assist with establishing protocols and processes for the discipline.
• Sufficient knowledge to guide the application of best practices within Information Services.
• Uses industry understanding to drive decision-making beyond best practices.
• Interprets internal/external business challenge, assesses current/industry practices and selects best practices to improve products, processes or services.
• May lead Information Services teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
• Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
• Anticipates and solves complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify solutions.
• Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by Information Services policies.
• Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus.
• Understands issues related to scalability and reliability, including globalization
• Understanding of IS methodologies such as SDLC, ITIL, PMLC and QA/Test
• Agile Developer certification preferred
• Customer Service
• Building Relationships
• Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
• Self-Motivation/Self Starter
• Leading Self and Others