Tsource is looking for a Test Engineer to join a global enterprise organization. The main function of a Test Engineer is to work within the enterprise system development lifecycle (SDLC) to validate that the development activities have accurately and completely captured the documented requirements to meet the customers’ needs; ensure usability; and ensure a quality product.
• Windows Desktop and Laptop testing, Group Policy testing
• Manage a computer lab of client machines in varying models and images for testing
• Coordinate testing with downstream/integration testers
• Work with technical resources to troubleshoot issue
• Ability to recommend testing strategies for uncommon scenarios
• Maintain a working knowledge of the application and technology goals, networks, hardware standards, operating systems, systems development tools and environments.
• Develop appropriate test plans and scripts, and related documentation.
• Create and execute test automation scripts using the existing framework.
• Create level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for assigned work.
• Be able to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
• Participate in requirements, test plan, design and code reviews as well as user acceptance testing.
• Communicate complex technical concepts effectively and in terms that can be understood by all parties involved.
• Review software documentation to ensure its accuracy against the application being tested.
• Ability to respectfully challenges peers and management when representing the customers’ needs
• Ability to research, investigate, and learn new technologies
• Requires depth of expertise in own discipline to be able to guide others in the application of principles and concepts and to interpret complexities, nuances.
• Assignments at this level are typically more complex and require more independent work.
• Uses industry understanding to drive decision-making beyond best practices.
• Interprets internal/external business challenge, assesses current/industry practices and selects best practices to improve products, processes or services.
• Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by Information Services policies.
• Communicates difficult or sensitive concepts and works to build consensus.
• Experience using advanced frameworks with HP UFT
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to manage time, multi-task, and meet deadlines working in a demanding environment
• Strong team player
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Independent knowledge of SCCM is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-4 years’ experience with testing processes and techniques
• Proficient in VB or similar programing languages
• Proficient with using HP ALM for defect tracking, test management, and test execution
• Experience using and enforcing Testing Lifecycle Management
• Experience/knowledge regarding: Group policies, Client images and image management, Windows applications, security updates and patches, Internet Explorer configurations and security settings, Client patching processes, Client configurtis, Installing and testing libraries, dll’s, and drivers on various client models, COTS desktop application testing on a variety of models, Validating client hardware models on software images, and Application installatio testing.